WG4 Losing citizenship
WG4 will examine the laws around the loss of citizenship and legal identity, either through changes in laws, as a way of controlling citizens’ movements, through hereditary lines or through conflict.
- What role does the EU have?Transnational citizenship, barriers, facilitators
- Citizenship tests
- Hereditary laws for accessing citizenship – legacies of colonial histories and different gender impacts
- Children’s access to Citizenship
- Citizenship stripping
- Iternational law and human rights
- Withholding of ID/ revoking citizenship/ Statelessness
- Self-identity, psychological barriers to citizenship
- Collation of bibliography for publication on HIDDEN website.
- Using links to Institute on Statelessness and Inclusion.
- Regular WG meetings to coordinate, share research findings and plan further activities and workshop hosted at same time
- Participation in Action conferences
- Preparation of future funding bid
- Contributing to online bibliography
- Report for website on the workshop with policy makers which will be a basis for
developing a set of recommendations for policy makers dealing with IDs for
migrant and non-migrant populations
- Reports on regular WG meetings
- Report on Annual workshop on theme or method of the group on website
- Publication of 2 scientific articles
- STSM reports
- Contribution to joint funding application